420g (51.5%) baking soda
210g (26%) citric acid
130g (16%) epsom salts
14g (1.7%) white kaolin clay
8g (1%) colloidal oatmeal
12g (1.5%) cocoa butter
12g (1.5%) polysorbate 80
8g | 1% essential oil blend (3g lavender, 3g ylang ylang, 2g patchouli)
Dried cornflower petals
Dried rose buds
Witch hazel in a mister, if needed
Tools & Equipment
Aluminium bath bomb mould
- Sieve the baking soda and citric acid
- Add the rest of the powders and mix well, making sure to get all the clumps out
- Melt the cocoa butter and add to the powders along with the other oils
- Mix well, getting all the liquids fully incorporated and clump free
- Check the consistency of the mixture. It should be like wet sand, so when you squeeze it together it stays in shape. If it’s too dry spritz a little witch hazel and mix.
- Add a pinch of dried flowers to one half of the mould and fill until heaped with mixture. Heap the other half of the mould and press the two halves together tightly.
- Tap the outside of the mould gently to release the bath bomb and carefully remove from the mould.
- Set aside to dry and repeat until you run out of mixture.
- Let the bath bombs dry for a few days in a warm, dry place (away from moisture or humidity) Because these bath bombs have a high oil content they can take a little longer to dry compared to basic bath bombs.
- This recipe makes about six bath bombs.
- You can substitute the essential oil blend for any blend or fragrance you like
- You can add colour if you like – because this recipe has polysorbate 80 you can use any mica colour, or our ZeBomb!
- You can substitute the cocoa butter for another butter such as shea or mango.
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil$6.00 – $95.00
- Cornflower Petals, dried$15.00 – $40.00
- Colloidal Oatmeal$12.00 – $262.00
- Patchouli Essential Oil$6.00 – $69.00
- Dried Rose Petals & Buds$6.00 – $14.00
- Polysorbate 80$6.00 – $20.00
- Bath Bomb Mould$2.50
- White Kaolin Clay$4.00 – $75.00
- Lavender 40/42 Essential Oil$4.00 – $135.00
- Citric Acid$8.50 – $37.00
- Baking Soda$4.50 – $29.00
- Cocoa Butter, refined$7.00 – $140.00