100% Pure NZ Manuka Hydrosol
- Hydrosol is made during the process of distilling essential oils. Essential oils are made by passing steam through plant matter (to burst the cell walls and extract the goodness from the plants). This steam then gets cooled back into a liquid state where the essential oils float to the top, and are skimmed off the top. The water that remains is the hydrosol.
- Hydrosols contain the water-soluble components of a plant (the hydrophilic parts), while the essential oils are comprised of the oil-based components (the hydrophobic parts).
- By using manuka and kanuka hydrosol in your skincare and home products, you are able to take some of the extraordinary health properties of these plants and infuse them into your formulations.
- Manuka and kanuka hydrosol are known to be antibacterial, anti-fungal, antiseptic and much more.
- They can be used as: insect repellent, spray n wipe, natural deodorizers and spritzers, for cleaning cuts and injuries, facial toners and so much more!
- Kanuka hydrosol is known to be better for cleaning surfaces and more anti-fungal, while manuka hydrosol is more antibacterial.
INCI: Leptospermum Scoparium (Manuka) Leaf Water